Sunday, April 18, 2010

What an eventful and amazing week!!!

Monday: Weeks ago I had a great disappointment and upset at the NFL (national FORENSICS league, not football) National Qualifying tournament, through a few mishaps I lost the opportunity to travel to Nationals and compete with some other qualifying teammates. I qualified as the alternate with my Original Oratory, and through some miracle the person who qualified dropped out and now I AM IN! Someone choosing not to go never happens, so I feel like I really got blessed and lucky. It happened at a time when I was finally accepting my loss, and excited for others getting the opportunity, ironic yes, coincidence no. I will be traveling with 11 other members of my debate team to Kansas City, Missouri June 12-21. This trip is expensive so I will be seeking out many sponsors and hopefully raise the money to go!

Thursday: Senior pictures finally DONE! Anna Miller took my pictures and did and AMAZING job, I am so excited. I will post more of them up once I have them all. Here is some of my favorites so far. (Cant wait for graduation!)

Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday: Got a call and scheduled a job interview for SHOES in Sears, my good friend Courtney works there and is hooking me up! My interview is Monday at 4, and hopefully it goes good :)!

Saturday: Since I joined debate my goal has been do become a STATE CHAMPION in the speech event Original Oratory (a ten minute, self written, inspirational/persuasive speech), this weekend I had the opportunity, and I DID IT! My speech was on human worth and greatness looking beyond a resume, entitled "Let's Be Human Beings"

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment