Thursday, April 1, 2010

For Family and Friends

It seems that most of my family (or women in my family) update and keep in touch mostly through blog spot! With high school finishing up and heading into college somewhat soon I figure this is a better method of letting my family know whats going on, if they can't piece it together through vague, teenage-girl-song-quoting, facebook statuses ;).

SENIOR YEAR RECAP...
I have had an awesome last year, filling every single second of it with debate and cheer. Definitely made lots of sacrifices on both ends, but it was completely my choice. Cheerleaders are the worst at thinking they are the most important people in the world...imagine that ;). Through a lot of time management I had an extremely successful year in debate placing many times and in the end, earning the title of STATE CHAMPION in public forum debate, headed to state speech in two weeks in two different events, panel and original oratory. After that, I have one A.P exam to prepare for and really nothing else challenging in my schedule.

COLLEGE PLANS...
I am going to be heading to Boise State University this fall semester to start off college. Hopefully, after two years there I can spend a year abroad, or transfer to University of Hawaii. I am still deciding what exactly I want to go in to, cultural anthropology is what I have always wanted to study, but getting a degree in secondary education for history and social sciences is a job I would like to be at. I also want somewhere in there to minor in nutrition and fitness. I am still completely overwhelmed and confused on enrolling in classes and such, so who knows if any of this is possible? Oh well, I will make it be. I am hoping to not touch a student loan, and have college paid for on my own through government aid (woohoo) and scholarships. Finishing up and finding more scholarship applications is the only task in front of me at this point. Any tips?

WORK...
I am jobless right now, waiting for the debate season to close up so I can have actual weekends open! Hoping to get hired at Gold's Gym, where I have been spending everyday of my spring break at, or get my old job back at Wingers as a waitress (awful awful job, but wonderful pay), and if both those routes fail I will hit up the family tradition and go back to work at Sol Rio mexican restaurant! I will spend my summer working as much as possible and saving up.

So pretty basic and boring blog...but you always need to do it the first time! I will try to be more entertaining from now on :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment